...Learning not to settle for the "American Dream"

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!!

So proud to call him my husband!!!
It all started several months ago...we received a letter in the mail
saying that Woody had been nominated to be a deacon in our church.
We go to a big church, so that was a bit shocking and encouraging.
He has been going through a lot of training, and this past weekend he
was ordained as a deacon of our church.
Years ago, if I heard "I'm a deacon"....I kinda rolled my eyes and thought
" so you are someone who holds the door at church, wears a smile, and
is probably a hypocrite!" Excuse my being harsh, but I didn't really think
much of the christian faith. Until the Lord turned my heart towards Him! He
opened my eyes and showed me that we are ALL hypocrites. We are UNABLE
to be righteous in ourselves....it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to do the right thing all the time!And that is why we NEED JESUS! (end of tangent)
So, as Woody stood up there in front of the church my heart was full of JOY
and my eyes full of TEARS.....because I know that man! I see him inside and
out, I live with him and do life with him daily. The character of this man
truly amazes me, and his love continues to grow. He is so strong in his
faith, and exactly what Charis and I need. He is our protector and our
provider, and he's a good one! I know he will be a blessing to our church
as he has been to me, and so many others. I truly am HONORED to be the
wife of JUSTIN ARMSTRONG!!!
Above: after church celebration. CONGRATS WOODY!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!
SOHO SQUARE IN HOMEWOOD... we went out for Sushi!



AND HAD SOOO MUCH FUN!!

MY 27TH BIRTHDAY AS A MOMMY!!!

1 comment:

Amado J. Ortiz said...

Congratulations Woody!! I know he must feel just as honored to have you as his wife, his helper. He could not be as successful or able to devote his time to serve the Lord without a fabulous and faithful helpmate. So glad I can keep up with y'all through your blog!

Love,
Allison