...Learning not to settle for the "American Dream"

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Charis Ann Armstrong
"I'm 6 months old" by: Charis
It was dark and warm in there,
not much room to play.
So, when I got out here,
I decided to stay!
I have had a lot of fun,
and I am learning so much.
Now I can use my hands,
and I really love to touch! (everything)
My dad, he seems so strong,
yet his love it feels so good.
He makes me feel so safe,
like a little girl should!
At bedtime he holds us tight
and says our prayers,
and they put me in my crib...
and he stands there and stares.
My mom, she's the crazy one,
who always wants to play..
I keep hearing her say these words
"sister, you brighten my day!"
We spend all our time together,
every single day.
We tell eachother secrets,
in our own special way.
I love to sleep and love to eat,
and I LOVE to laugh out loud,
and when I look on their faces
it seems like I already make them proud!
I know one day I will grow up,
or so that's what I hear them say.
But for now, I am just enjoying
each and every day!
LOOK AT MY TOOTH!!! SEE! I LOVE TO LAUGH!


This is me with mommy and daddy!

This is me and mommy!

Happy 6 months to Charis! We love you angel!!
This blog was special for Charis. Every day is a blessing,
and we are thankful to have her in our lives!!

2 comments:

The Jones Family said...

I LOVE THE POEM!!!

Anonymous said...

Soooo, I cried when I read your blog. I had no idea that you had a little girl. She is beautiful!!! I am so happy for you and your family. You're absolutely beautiful inside and out and it gives me great joy to have known you for so many years. I love you Big Rabbit!!!!!