...Learning not to settle for the "American Dream"

Friday, January 21, 2011

"We"re Back"

Sabbatical: Resembling the Sabbath; Enjoying or bringing an intermission of labor. Literally a "ceasing".











Well, as many of you noticed we took a year long "blogging sabbatical". I am happy to share with you a few reasons we stopped blogging, and I am excited to tell you all that WE ARE BACK!!


I laughed as I was reading the Webster's definition of "sabbatical" when I got to the phrase "intermission of labor". You see, for me, blogging is actually labor! I so admire how many of you love to blog and are SO great at it. It truly is ministry, if you will, for many people. However, I am "technologically challenged" and it is not enjoyable for me. ( Read further to find our "Top Ten" reasons we stopped blogging, and our "Top Ten Reasons" we returned to blogging. )


So, as I sat down to think through our goals for this New Year, one of the things we want to make a priority as a family- is to better keep in touch with the people we love...YOU! Our friends and family. And this is the avenue we have chosen to do that :-) I know many of you are thinking "Duh, welcome to the 21st century". But, you know the Armstrong's...sometimes it takes us a little longer to get on board :-)



TOP 10 REASONS WE STOPPED BLOGGING:

(drum roll please...)
10. Time- it takes time
9. We were without internet for a while
8. Didn't want to play the "comparison" game
7. Honestly didn't realize so many of you kept up with us

6. I am technologically challenged and would rather spend time with a person than trying to figure out how to get a cool background...or "add a gadget" What is a "gadget" anyway!?
5. I tend to be a perfectionist (at times) and if I am going to do something I want to do it 100% and I just wasn't able to
4. We had a NEW BABY :-) Life is much busier now :-)
3. I can't figure out how to retreive my "draft posts" (HELP!)
2. When I have free time (meaning my kids are asleep) I would rather invite someone over, spend time with my hubby, or sit down with a cup of coffee and read!

1. I have a weakness of "rebelling against fads" and I confess to you a lot of it was pride! I didn't want to "just do what everyone else was doing"...I know, I know that's silly!
TOP TEN REASONS WE HAVE RETURNED:


10. We have establised a weekly schedule, and when things go as planned, I do have time ( blogging one time per week has made it to the official Armstrong weekly calendar)
9. We now have internet
8. I am SO very content with my life and all that God has given to us...So, I truly have no reason to play the "comparison game". The Lord has truly given me a sweet life and I am so thankful!
7. We want to keep in touch with all of you! From Grandparents, to dear friends, to the girls favorite cousins, "baby Wyatt and baby CJ", we probably have loved ones in at least 25 states!
6. I am slowly becoming more equipped with technology- even though I would still rather sit down and chat with you face to face :-)
5. I was reminded the other day that "some is better than none"...So, I am dying to the desire to have a "perfect blog"
4. "Life is but a vapor" and we want to share with you all our memories, challenges, adventures, and all that we are learning as we seek to know God and live with purpose!
3. Still haven't figured out how to retreive my "drafts" but I have become ok with that
2. My sweet husband encouraged me to do this.

1. YOU! You are the reason we are back. So many of you have kindly "gotten on to me" for not updating pics or keeping in touch...So, I really do want to honor you and make this a priority! Thank you all for loving us and wanting to share our life!


I feel it is appropriate to give one special "shout out"..... To you Aunt Luann and Uncle Bubba who always make us feel so important and who always keep us updated with those lil guys. We love you! And "this is for you". Sure wish you were here to help me figure this blogging thing out!


STAY TUNED FOR HILIGHTS FROM 2010...coming soon.

Ok, I know you grandparents are on the edge of your seat so I will give you one sneak peak.

4 comments:

The Jones Family said...

i really almost peed my pants when i saw that you updated. yay! so glad i will be able to keep up with you better and see your sweet girls grow! love your top 10 list :)

see you soon!!!

April Barber said...

I'm excited you are back. I would love to sit down face to face with you too and ignore the mayhem of our girls running around us...but this will have to do for now! Love you, dear!

Romona said...

Thank you so much for updating the blog. I know it is hard to do! I also know how are it is for all of cousins to get together and catch up so bwtween facebook and blogs, we can!

Love and miss y'all

The Riley Family said...

THIS IS WHY I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! And why I need to read your blog and "hear" your voice. And I love those sweet girls.. I mean really.. How CUTE is the grocery store pic. I am so glad you are back. I myself try to do at least once a week.. and is work. But I am so happy to look back and read and have this record of their lives and I know you will too.

I know its a commitment to do it but THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for trying again. We love you.. and YES! I will help you anytime.. call me, text me, whatever.

LOVE YOU and MISS YOU TONS!! (so glad I didn't take you out of my dashboard :-) HA!