...Learning not to settle for the "American Dream"

Monday, January 24, 2011

THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED IN 2010

WELCOME ADALIA KATE ARMSTRONG! "Addy Kate"
March 13, 2010. 1:33 pm
8lbs. 6 oz
As many of you know in July of 2009 we found out we were pregnant...again! This came as a true shock, as we were not planning to have another baby quite that quick... I have to confess that I wasn't exactly excited when I found out I was pregnant with Addy Kate. #1- I had a 10 month old baby #2- I was incredibly sick for 20 weeks, and #3- it wasn't "my plan". BUT, through the birth of our sweet Addy Kate, and life with her the past 10 months, we have grown to not only accept the plans of God above our own...but cherish the plans of God above our own!
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:8


Literally seconds after she was born
Holding my baby girl for the first time...and yes, that is my best
friend Traci in the background with a video camera :-)



She's under the covers with me...Look for her little white hat
and her little arm...
Adalia- (Hebrew meaning) "God is my refuge"
Kate- "pure"

1 comment:

The Riley Family said...

Tears.. watery eyes. I remember so clearly being there for Charis. Makes my heart hurt to miss Addy Kate. Love you!