...Learning not to settle for the "American Dream"

Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Charis is almost 5 months old! She is at a stage
where she loves to interact and have lots of
attention! She gets upset if I even leave the room,
so I have learned to bring her with me! Sometimes
it is easier to just throw her in with the dirty clothes...
( in the basket, not the washer ). My hope is that she
is learning something as she is living life with me!
So here she is....doing the laundry with mommy!



What happened to my baby?? I remember when her passy took up her whole face! Now she is man- handling that thing. It's true, time flys! There is already a sense of "independence" that I see in her. What!? It's too soon. It seems like yesterday we brought this bundle of joy home from the hospital. As a mother, I am thrilled that she has discovered her hands, and that she controls them. But, secretly in my heart I am a little sad...I want her to need ME to put her passy in her mouth...or to grab her toy...
And so my journey begins... teaching her and watching her grow. How does the old saying go, " Cutting the apron strings..." Well, I feel like life will be full "cuttings". But at the end of the day, and at the end of my life- that is what I desire most. To see Charis grow and mature into a beautiful young lady who I know will live life and bring joy to others! I look foward to these years with her, I already love her more than I could have ever imagined. But I know someday she will GO and she really won't "need" me anymore, so I am devoted my life NOW to prepare her for THEN!
I thank the Lord daily for this precious gift of motherhood! " I have found my place". And someday I know Charis will find hers too.



How could you not be in love?

She is learning to roll over....




MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!



1 comment:

April Barber said...

Nikki, she is a cutie! I wish I was there to see you enjoying motherhood! Love and miss you....