...Learning not to settle for the "American Dream"

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Snapshots of this week

I want to see beauty. In the ugly, in the sink, in the suffering, in the daily, in all the days before I die, the moments before I sleep.”
Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are
 
This week was full of fun! Here are a few snapshots that I don't want to forget...and since
I can no longer trust my memory- this is my attempt to remember, to be still, and to cherish.
 
AK so proud to correctly write the letter "H"...but notice
the letter she was suppose to write was "G". This is how
she rolls!
 
                                           My best friend/sister Traci at (her) Grandaddy's
                                            funeral. What a sweet, worshipful time celebrating
                                               this incredible man and the legacy he has left.
                                                SO thankful to be a part of this family!
                                                                  (Billy Gilmer)
                                                          There is beauty in the sadness!
                                                         Sweet moments with Carson...
                                                                    Beautiful Amelia
                                                        I do not like clutter! In fact, I sorta despise
                                                       it....but as I looked at this clutter, my
                                                       heart was truly FULL of deep
                                                       gratitude for my little ones. Wouldn't
                                                       trade it for a "clutter free table" anyday!
                                                        Watching my man as he carries the
                                                         little ones to bed in a "potatoe sack".
                                                        Will I ever get used to his warm heart.
                                                         #thankful
                                                      Our Homeschool group. I love these
                                                     precious children. My girls have learned
                                                     so much more than "reading and writing"
                                                     by spending time with these little gems!
                                                     
                                               Baking day with Amelia, Charis and Addy Kate
                                                                     Art at the Park
                                               Laundry is way more fun with your best friend!
                                           She seriously came out of the bathroom this way....
                                          Glad she's too young to notice! (or care)
                                                  Celebrating Heather's birthday and Kelly was
                                            able to join us from Denver! #sweetmoments
                                            One of my favorite people in the whole world came
                                          in town to spend time with us! Girls night with two of
                                          my favorite women.
                                         

No comments: