...Learning not to settle for the "American Dream"

Monday, September 26, 2011

Funny Story and 40 day goal!

So, since this (blog) is intended to be a family record for us and a way to keep in touch with you- I couldnt help but write about this funny story! So, as you have noticed I haven't blogged in several months- due to a broken computer. I kept putting off getting it fixed, just thinking it would cost too much...Finally I took it to the computer repair shop- and that is where the funny story begins. I walk in and am greeted by the friendliest customer service rep I have prob ever met- and I begin to explain to him that it won't even turn on, I have two small children who probably broke it, blah, blah, blah. He listended well and then began to ask me a series of questions ONE being "does the charger light up when you plug it in?" I respond with, "Ummm, I'm not sure". So we go plug it in and sure enough it didn't light up- meaining IT was dead. So, we proceeded to plug in a new charger and VIOLA! You guessed it! My computer turned on. At last we were reunited and I was soo excited! It wasn't until later that I thought to myself "Duh, I probably should have checked that MONTHS ago..." Anyway...so thankfully I have a computer again and I am back to  blogging. It only cost me $8 to get a new charger on http://www.amazon.com/

NOW for the 40 DAY GOAL. 
Many of you know that I have had health/stomach issues since Addy Kate was born. This has led our family to some pretty serious research/learning about health, nutrition, food, etc. After a lot of research and totally reforming the way we eat, we have pretty much landed in the genre of "Clean Eating"- which basically means eating food in its original form- no boxed stuff, processed stuff...etc. Or the "caveman diet"- which means if you can kill it or pick it you can eat it. Get it :-) Anyway it has been so fun and we have felt incredible. The kids eat almost everything even snack on raw veggies! But lately I have gotten a little lax and enjoyed the "occassional treat" a little too often- and have found my stomach issues re surfacing and making me a not so happy momma! So, TODAY I started the Maker's Diet . I did it several months ago and loved it and had absolutely no issues with my digestion. So we are doing it again to kinda detox and hit the "reset" button. I will hopefully post some of our meal plans in the next 40 days ;-)
That's all for now. Will update with some pics of the girls soon!

No comments: