...Learning not to settle for the "American Dream"

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

NOT-SO- " Picture Perfect"

Sometimes it is the (Not-so) "picture perfect" moments that make me stop and realize
just how good I have it! Part of the "American Dream" is the ever growing desire
to appear as though we have it all together! When, in fact, not a single one of us
can (honestly) claim that we do...We are bombarded daily with pressure to "have the best, be the best, look the best, perform the best"
...and on and on and on.

I have found great joy in accepting the not-so-picture-perfect moments-and allowing
my Creator to teach me more about Himself, and my great need for Him! In my
desire to "have it all together"- I recognize a deeper longing. A longing to experience
perfect love, acceptance,joy, peace, worth, adoration,confidence, belonging,
     purpose... and those deep longings can not be found in anything or anyone- besides the One
who put them there...

Here are some of our "not so picture perfect"  picture perfect moments!
Hope you enjoy :-)

                                           This is my craft station...Def not like the ones in the magazine
 Charis literally DRAGGING Addy Kate to her (messy) room!
Found AK with a mo-hawk. Charis got into the lotion...
Trying to get Charis to smile...How to get people get "picture perfect" snaps
of a 2 year old!?!?
Takin pic of AK laughing- when I noticed she had CRUMBS on her face...awesome!
Ok, this is a near perfect picture of Charis!
Yes, my house often looks like this :-)
"It's all in the eyes of the beholder"...right!?
Hope you are encouraged to be thankful, look to Jesus, and take funny pictures!
Love yall!

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Nikki! So glad I found your blog! I love how real you are and that you are willing to show what your life is like without pretending to have it all together! You are right - none of us do! I've been thinking so many of the same things lately. Thanks for being such a great encouragement to me! Miss ya'll!

The Patridge's said...

Love your new header! Give those sweet kiddos a kiss from us. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Nikki, I am loving your blog & all the commments!! It is nice to know we are all in the same place in the crazy beautiful life. I miss you so much & am so proud of you!! Please come to Gadsden for a play date soon!! :)