...Learning not to settle for the "American Dream"

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Living simple...Simple Living- It's fun!

Disclaimer: This blog exists to 1) keep our friends and family updated on
the "day to day" of our lil family, and 2) as documentation for us of the
sweet memories we are making, things we are learning, etc. ( I do plan
to print the "blog book" annually as a keepsake for our family)
SO- My point in saying that is to let you know that this is by no means
EVER intended to be a place to "show off"- or "appear" to be something
that we are not. Ha- I don't think I have said the word "show off" in years!
Anyway...my point- we are who we are :-) just trying to listen to "the voice
of Truth" and be who He has made us to be... we(people, families) are all so different-
isn't that what is so beautiful about The Lord's creation! Diversity!
God has unique plans for each of us and they too, are so different! So, we
don't have to walk around feeling "judged" or "different" or _________.
We can be confident in who the Lord has made us! And enjoy who the Lord
has made others to be as well.
Now, for the fun stuff! Here are a few snapshots of our "simple living" :-)

Need flower arrangement + tight budget = get creative
can of beans, scrapbook paper, and modge podge
Clippings from the bush in my back yard

$3.99 Spring Bouquet from Aldi ( taken apart and cut)
VIOLA! Pretty flowers on a budget!
(compliments to my friend Colleen)


SIMPLE things that make me smile...Charis wrote
the letter "A" all by herself. This photo is not staged!


Why buy a vacuum cleaner when you have
an 11 month old baby who eats everything
off the floor!! :-) I often find AK "getting her
own snack"...please don't call Child Services!
We use old baby jar lids for "paint plates"
She loves to paint outside!!

Tonight we had breakfast for dinner!
and we ate off the same plate :-)
(cheap, easy, and mess free)

Wed night we had a picnic at the park.
WE are loving the warm weather. So excited
about Spring! Oh, and when the picnic was
over all I had to do was shake the sheet :-)
I am all about "easy clean up"
Great way to spend "Hump Day"
AH! I love Thrift Store shopping. Mom and I
went on Monday....and found some treasures.
Glass plates .25 each
Vintage wall art $1 each
Old Silver butter dish $1
Red heels $3

1 comment:

Southern said...

I LOOOOOVE the flower arrangement out of bean cans!! I'm so going to have to copy that idea!!!